He is a Registered Professional Engineer with 25 years experience in the design, construction, maintenance, and operations of healthcare facilities. Among his accomplishments are:
- Winner of the 2009 President’s Award from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
- The first Canadian to hold the designation of Certified Healthcare Constructor
- Achieved the Fellow designation from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering
- National President of the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society from 2003-2005.
- Vice Chair of the CSA Technical Committee for Health Care Facility Engineering and Physical Plant.
- Chair of the CSA Technical Sub-Committee for Infection Control during Construction or Renovations of Health Care Facilities
- Vice Chair of the CSA Technical Sub-Committee for Design and Construction of Canadian Health Care Facilities
- An active member on a number of other CSA committees including those for special requirements for construction, design and maintenance of health care facilities.
- A member of the Standing Committee for Building and Plumbing Systems for the National Building Code of Canada.
- A member of the NFPA Technical Correlating Committee and two Technical Committees for the standard NFPA 99 – Health Care Facilities
- A senior member of the CSA Education and Training faculty providing codes and standards training to healthcare facilities managers and engineers.
- A founding member of the CHES Healthcare Construction Certificate Program faculty providing construction training throughout Canada
- A member of the ASHE Healthcare Construction Certificate Program faculty providing construction training throughout the United States of America
- A member of the ASHE Infection Control – Managing Risk faculty providing construction, operation and maintenance training throughout the United States of America
- Served on CHES’s and ASHE’s leadership teams and committees since 2002
- A member of the National Fire Protection Association’s Health Care Section
- A Council Member of the International Federation for Hospital Engineers 2003-2005
- A member of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering